Personal Care Tasks
The Personal Care tasks will include:
- Bathing, Washing and Dressing
- Continence support and support with clothing
- Emptying and cleaning commodes
- Emptying catheter bags
- Assistance with cleaning teeth
- Cutting finger nails (subject to health assessment)
- Washing and drying hair
- Assistance to get up and go to bed
- Assistance with eating and preparing meals
- Encouragement and reminders to take medication
- Encouragement to take recommended exercise (after assessment)
- Escorting to appointments
The above lists are not exhaustive, and will all be subject to initial assessments to ensure we can carry out tasks to the satisfaction of the individual service user, and within the boundaries of relevant regulations (including Health and Safety) and other requirements.
Birmingham Business Associated Care Service will not provide Domiciliary Nursing Care and therefore will not dress wounds, treat pressure sores, insert suppositories, fill medication dispensers, undertake stoma care, fit contact lenses or catheters.