It is the aim of Birmingham Business Associate Ltd to deliver a service of personal care and associated domestic services to meet the needs of each citizen in their own home. This will be achieved by promoting a standard of excellence which embraces fundamental principles of Good Care and that is witnessed and evaluated through the monitoring of care practices.
- To meet these care needs the Care Service is designed to achieve the following objectives:
- To deliver a service of the highest quality that will improve and sustain the citizens overall quality of life. In this respect Birmingham Business Associate Limited policies and procedures are aimed to meet and exceed the standards set in the Health and Social Care Act 2008 regulated activities 2010.
- To ensure that the service is delivered flexibly, attentively and in a non-discriminatory fashion while respecting each citizens right to independence, privacy, dignity, fulfilment, and the rights to make informed choices and to take risks.
- To ensure that each citizens needs and values are respected in matters of religion, culture, race or ethnic origin, sexuality and sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, parenthood and disabilities or impairments.
- To ensure that the Care Service in whole is delivered in accordance with agreed Purchasing Contracts / Care Agreements.
- To manage and implement a programe of staff planning, selection, recruitment, training and personal development to enable service user care needs to be met.
- To Safeguard citizen and protect them from the risk of harm or abuse.
- To fully adhere to all local authority, regulatory and local guidance on safeguarding.
- To match the nominated Care Worker as closely as possible with the citizen, and respect the need to change the Care Worker in any eventuality.
- To manage the Care Service efficiently and effectively to make best use of resources and to maximize value for money for the Purchaser of the Service.
- To actively encourage each citizen to be actively involved in the planning of care delivery and to actively voice their opinion with regards to risk taking to ensure care is delivered in the way the citizen wishes.
- To undertake a Risk Assessment of environment, Health & Safety hazards and form a detailed care plan including risks to health within the home of each citizen before and after commencing the service.
- To deliver a quality service to enrich people’s lives and support each citizen to feel able to live a full life and feel confident when planning how they wish their care to be delivered.
- To support each citizen to maintain independence so they always feel in control of their care.
- To ensure that all service users receive written information on the Organizations’ Procedure for Handling Complaints, Comments and Compliments, and how to use it.
- To monitor the quality of care delivery and act promptly. This includes information gathered from complaints.